This is the process for selecting a movie for our students to watch as part of our achievement program or reading program:
- The student-motivation committee sits down to discuss possible movies appropriate for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. The Rebecca Caudill award movie selection is based on an award winning book.
- We run the movie titles through 1-Christian & 1-Parent based movie-review web site to get detailed reviews.
- We look for the rating, as it must be PG or G....and we also look for the age group the movie is approved for.
- Then, we read the details of everything listed from these websites to make sure the movie is appropriate.
- If a staff member has not seen the movie, we select one member to watch the movie and give us their review.
- The committee then meets with the principal to discuss their selection.